Make Your Impact on the Next Generation of River Stewards!
AmeriCorps Education Assistant at Missouri River Relief will assist in the organization, implementation and marketing of education programs targeting title one schools and community organizations that work with low-income individuals.
The position's goal is to provide instruction that builds participants’ knowledge and understanding of the Missouri River through hands-on experiences that will deepen the participant’s connection and sense of responsibility to its care and stewardship.
- Status: One Year Term/AmeriCorps VISTA/Full-Time
- Start Date: August 30, 2021
- End Date: August 29, 2022
- Location: Columbia, Missouri
- Application Deadline: July 1, 2021
How to Apply to an AmeriCorps Position
- Search AmeriCorps listing. Go to https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do
- Search by the following. Program Type: AmeriCorps. State: Missouri. Program Name: Stream Teams United: MRR Education Coordinator
- Click "Apply Now" and create a profile to submit your application
- Interview. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by the end of July.
Benefits of Service
- Receive a modest bi-weekly (full 14 days of service) living allowance ($513.94) to cover basic expenses.
- The amount listed may differ from what members see in their paychecks because a) the rates listed here are gross/pre-tax amounts; and b) actual pay may vary to reflect the number of days served in a pay period.
End Of Service Award
- Choose between a Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6,000) to pay for a range of education expenses or a $1,800 cash stipend.
- During service, you may defer student loans until end of service year. Interest accrued during service will be paid by the National Service Trust upon completion of service.
Professional Development Training
- Attend in-person and virtual training where you learn how to be a community development change agent
Join A Community
- Join a AmeriCorps umbrella and meet other like-minded individuals living and working in your community.
- You are entitled to personal leave, medical leave, and leave for certain holidays (those recognized by your sponsor.) Family leave and emergency leave are also available in certain situations. Military service and jury duty can also necessitate a leave of absence, both of which are covered.
Non-Competitive Eligibility (Nce)
- Americorps VISTA is the only AmeriCorps program where you can earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving you an edge in the federal hiring process. NCE status last for 12 months following service.
- Other benefits may include a relocation allowance for moving for service, childcare assistance, mileage reimbursement for service-related travel and health care options.
Click here to take a more in-depth view at the Benefits of Service
Words of Wisdom to The Next Education Assistant
Each year we ask our Education Assistant to reflect on their experience and share a few words of wisdom to the next education assistant. If you are wanting a feel for the position and an idea of what you might walk away with from the experience, our former education assistant blogs offer all of that. Please note that in the past this position has been a 3-month summer position, whereas the AmeriCorps position is one full year of service.